Please help us ensure that the National Whale and Dolphin Watch, now in its 18th Year, continues to provide important data to help study and protect the UK's whales, dolphins and porpoises. The National Whale and Dolphin Watch 2018 produced a record 1626 sightings, totalling 7924 individual animals of ...
Sea Watch is a national marine environmental charity working to improve the conservation of whales, dolphins and porpoises in the seas around Britain and Ireland.
- Involve the public in scientific monitoring
- Raise awareness and understanding of marine mammals and the threats they face
- Educate, inform and advise for better environmental protection
By monitoring the numbers and locations of whales and dolphins we can gain valuable knowledge of the health of our marine environment and insight into the effects of chemical pollution, noise disturbance, over-fishing, accidental capture in fishing gear, and climate change.
Sea Watch can help you find out about:
- the marine mammal species that live in the seas around the British Isles
- where and how to look out for them
- activities and research programmes
- how you can team up with scientists to improve our knowledge and help conserve them